Tuesday, August 23, 2011

The beginning... again.

Junior year has swept in and taken me by surprise. I can't believe this is half way through college. My heart races at the idea that I might not have any idea what I'm gonna do with my life when I graduate.

This summer, I discovered something new about Jesus. My life has been centered so long on living every day the best I can, for His kingdom. That, to me, meant perfection. No screwing up, no sinning to the best of my ability. I felt convicted by every little thing, and built up a wall towards everyone and everything that could lead me to sin.

What I forgot, was that Jesus is a comforter, a healer, and my FATHER. A father is meant to comfort his daughter, and meant to never leave. He will confront her when she's wrong, discipline her, and still love her for it. He has patience, grace, and never leaves when she messes up.  That is what Jesus is all about. That is what is so easy to forget in our lives. We live to impress others, to be better than the last person, but we forget that we are human. We forget that no matter how hard we try we will always fail.

Jesus died for me. My sins are forgiven, and his love never fails. He died, so that I could LIVE. He shed blood for me, for my family, and for my friends. Every single one of us is worth that sacrifice, and its up to us to stop living for the world, and living for something far greater than anything ever created.

" I'll stand, with arms high and heart abandoned, in awe, of the one who gave it all."

No comments: